First Appearance of InuYasha in this issue. It’s the Rumiko Takahashi Special issue.
- The first InuYasha ad is for the comic book version – 32 pages $2.95. Not the manga volume form yet. I love the call out in the ad: Viz ’97 – We are what’s next
- “Monsters, Martial Arts, Romance.” Until now I never thought of explaining the show in so few words that really resonate with the story.
- The Shadow Skill ad is really really 90s Photoshop advertising. This ad is the first to reference the word DVD.
- Pioneer still doesn’t have their advertising chops in order. Such a dysfunctional and oddly styled ad. And still no URL website.
- It took 5 volumes but Neon Genesis Evengelion finally has it’s own full page ad. The EVA Units battle their greatest foes yet: Too Much Ad Copy!
- Orion and VIZ ad for adieu Galaxy Express 999
- What? “Love is in the air at ADV…and so are a lot of jets and exploding elves!” That’s your headline copy folks!
- The feature I wanted to highlight was Anime Weekend Atlanta 1996. It’s a 3 day diary written by Chad Diederichs. Go read now.
- The second feature I though was useful was to scan an interview with the two leads from Oh My Goddess OVA, Scott Simpson (Keiichi) and Juliet Cesario (Belldandy)
Enjoy the content? Use these links to buy on Amazon.
It will act like a tip jar. Thanks.